We may have heard of innumerable benefits offered by 3D modeling services. But how can it be related to ECommerce and apparel?
Purchasing clothes via web may sometimes seem a really frustrating and tiring task. The limitation that a prospective user doesn’t get any experience of direct product interaction always seemed a hindrance to this service.
However, with technology reaching new elevations ceaselessly, almost nothing seems infeasible these days. Now by blending virtual reality and 3D product modeling, the customers can virtually try the clothing before they buy them. Thus the element of doubt encountered while purchasing clothes can be completely eliminated.
The innovative technology was pioneered nearly a year back by Phix Technology. Having enabled virtual fitting room, the buyers can determine through the physical accurate garment simulations whether the clothes fit them. This amalgam of 3D modeling and virtual reality technology also recommends the apt size for the purchaser in light of the measurement inputs provided. Thus besides the customer experiencing an improved online shopping experience, the product returns will also be reduced to a great extent. This will surely be a win-win situation for both the customers as well as the sellers will be benefiting. The technology also claims to hold the capability of being utilized for omnichannel e-commerce. If so, users will be able to shop anywhere, anytime and from almost any device.
3D Modeling Benefits
The advantages of 3D product modeling are summarized below:
- Effective Promotions: 3D Ecommerce modeling contributes to professional product and brand promotions. By using accurate 3D product models, businesses are able to create a strong marketing portfolio that can deliver awesome promotional results.
- Informed Decision Making: Accurate 3D product models that can be rotated 360 degree can serve as effective sales tools by promoting informed decision making. Animated 3D product imaging allows customers to view a particular product from multiple angles, which in turn, contributes to an in-depth product view and proper examination of all aspects such as features and textures.
- Enhancement of Brand Reputation: 3D product visuals are characterized by their superior quality and photorealistic appeal. Use of superior product images leads to an increased brand reputation as customers feel more confident to buy from the business.
- Increase in Sales: Sharp, detailed, and clear images that instill confidence in the minds of the prospects lead to greater sales.
- Easy Implementation of design changes: 3D designers can implement design changes easily in product models in order to address changes in stakeholders’ and customers’ preferences.
- Faster route to the market: Using 3D product models, businesses can launch new products faster and even assess product demand before the actual product launch. This leads to a more streamlined and cost-effective manufacturing process.
- Faster creation of prototypes: 3D modeling technologies promote the creation of 3D print-ready models, which can be given a solid shape using 3D printers. The development of prototypes allows product engineers to detect flaws and implement changes so as to suit the demand of the end-users.
Ever since this concept sprouted up, a lot of innovative progressions have been made. Many companies offering these solutions have explored out numerous innovative means.
It is quite reasonable to believe that, with the advancements in other technologies, the impact will also be reflected in three-dimensional solutions. And the happy news is that it would be in a positive manner. Stay updated on our blog to know the latest developments in this domain.