Creating eBooks these days is quite an easy task. There are a lot of software available that assures standard quality. But now when it comes to fixed layout format like that for a kid’s comic book, things are not that easy. Here in this format, content seems to be an image which can be zoomed out and in but it remains fixed; the content does not reflow. So, some expert people, who have proficiency in interactive Ebook conversion, need to be hired for the task. You really have to depend on a professional company offering fixed layout eBook conversion services.
To a great extent, this issue got eliminated with the launch of Kindle Comics creator last year. Now Amazon has more features and user-friendliness launched Kindle Kids’ Book Creator. With this, publishers, as well as authors, can easily merge text and artwork into a fixed layout eBook which is readable on computers, tablets, and smartphones.
Amazon has in fact assured that the latest tool will provide a better and more pleasing reading experience for the kids. Authors usually are very creative people who want to tell great stories but their lack of expertise in technical aspects hinders them in being expressive to the fullest. By using Kindle Kids’ Book Creator, anyone without technical proficiency can create illustrated, beautiful eBooks without hiring any graphic design service provider. This app can be downloaded from Amazon and it is available for OSX, Windows 7 and 8.
Understanding the Key Features of Amazon’s Kindle Kids’ Book Creator
Here are some of the most useful features of the software:
- This is an easy to use program that is free too. All you need to do is to upload your PDF file and the outcome would be generated as a standard Kindle file in .mobi format.
- The program supports artwork import in diverse formats such as tiff, jpg, png, pdf, and ppm.
- The program comes equipped with useful content features and this includes pop-ups for Kindle text.
- The program supports a number of filters in terms of age, category, and grade, which allows you to target the right readers.
- It supports Kindle book preview before publishing.
- It allows for book access on all major devices such as computers, smartphones, and tablets.
- The author is also allowed to take advantage of Amazon’s powerful marketing system.
This software makes it easy for self-published children’s authors to reach their market easily. Amazon earns revenue from the sale of created Ebooks. Authors can create landscape modes for picture books and portrait mode for text-rich children’s books. This is particularly useful if a book contains double-spread illustrations. Text pop-ups make the reading experiences more colorful and dynamic.
This platform is not free from pitfalls and we have listed the drawbacks that people complain mostly about:
- Outcomes are available only in the .MOBI format and this prevents an author from uploading his work on KDP, Nook, iBook, and Smashwords that accept files in the EPub format.
- It features limited number of formatting and layout creation tools. One cannot select the image resolution and the text interactivity is of low level.
- Ebooks with rich illustrations have larger file size and so they come with a high price tag. This increases the delivery cost. Ebooks become more competitive than print versions due to low costs, but with this option, creating a low-cost picture Ebook is not possible.
- Authors cannot get illustrations created by suing this software. So authors would need professional illustrators’ support to complete their Ebooks. Illustration services are often expensive and may authors lack the budget.
However, it is always a more sensible option to depend on a professional digital conversion company offering fixed layout eBook conversion services. The simple reason is that you get more personalized Ebook conversion services. Make enough inquiries regarding the services before you make the deal. The quality of output you receive depends mainly on the efficiency of your epublishing service provider. So, be very careful regarding the selection process.