The present circumstances have paved way for a new ‘paperless’ culture. Almost all documentations associated with businesses are getting digitized. OCR or optical character recognition is one of the most popular techniques by which digitization is done and is commonly used by major prepress services. Here the text on papers is converted to editable texts on digital platforms. By this, a significant amount of time can be saved as the data on pages need not have to be re-typed manually.
So, how companies offering OCR scanning and conversion services carry out the process?
Firstly scanning of pages for conversion is done which provides an image file. Then with the help of an effective software, the page text is analysed and based on the dark and light patterns, the software converts them into their concerned text equivalents. Finally the output from OCR software is saved.
Converting to PDF helps you in indexing, searching and editing the scanned content.
Obviously OCR conversion services is useful but the fact can’t be ignored that the technique is not totally fool proof. As OCR scanning followed by conversion is not an exact science, errors will surely creep into the converted texts. Therefore digital prepress companies offering OCR scanning and conversion services inspect carefully to assure that the final output data accurately and perfectly reflects the same content as that of the scanned material.
Lots of correction tools are available and different tools have different features. A typical OCR conversion services provider is expert in using these tools based on the project requirement to deliver you precisely and perfectly converted texts.
You may depend on some free but reliable software for the whole purpose of OCR scanning and conversion but hiring professional services from some reputed top prepress companies is always a better option.
What to look for in an OCR service provider?
If you are looking to outsource OCR and document scanning services to a reputed service provider, you should check if your shortlisted company would be able to guarantee you the following:
- Efficiency: The service provider you choose should be able to instill efficiency of operations in your work processes. With its support, it should make outsourcing meaningful, effective, and value-for-money for you.
- Ability to Handle Large-Volume Projects: Your service provider should have a scalable infrastructure, which means that it should have the capability and resources to expand its service delivery framework when it has to meet increased demands.
- Accuracy: Your service provider should provide you with flawless documents, assuring you 100 percent accuracy. Reputed companies appoint experienced quality control supervisors who conduct strict quality monitoring and ensure the delivery of accurate work to the
- Timeline Adherence: Reputed companies attach strong importance to deadlines and they make sure to fulfill their timeline commitments at all costs.
- Data Security: Your chosen service provider should have modern data security infrastructure and policies in place, which would allow them to safeguard your confidential information and trade secrets at all costs.
- Strong Customer Support: A reputed company has a well-established customer support team that can deliver proactive and timely support to their customers under all circumstances. The team would remain available to meet the customers’ needs at all times of the day and would remain accessible through multiple channels such as chat, email, phone, etc.