Why companies offering XML file conversion are being hired? Perhaps, it is because people have become accustomed to the uses of XML and they are not willing to think of any other option. However, we can enlist some notable benefits. It is software/platform independent and so is HTML. XML allows the remixing and management of content towards node level which is not that useful for journal articles. It also permits transformation of the content to numerous formats including PDF. The same can be done using HTML/CSS3 also.To mention the downsides, XML workflows is costly and when it is about conversion, the process is time consuming as well. Another issue is with the learning curve. We have summarized the advantages and the disadvantages of HTML and XML in order to help you get a quick glance at the basic features. Here we go:
Advantages of HTMLHTML facilitates proper building of a website’s structure. Some of the other advantages are:
- It is quite easy to create HTML-based browser interfaces.
- It is also compatible with unrelated systems.
- HTML comes with an extremely simplistic syntax and is very easy to understand.
- You can develop your webpage using different tags.
- You will be given the opportunity to make use of diverse objects, colors, and layouts.
Advantages of XML over HTMLHere are a few reasons why you may want to opt for XML:
- With XML, documents can be easily transported from one system to the other and across applications.
- Data can be exchanged quickly across diverse platforms.
- XML allows for the segregation of data that is in HTML format.
- XML also promotes the simplification of the platform change mechanism.
A Quick Comparison between HTML and XMLThe differences between XML and HTML are based on a definite set of parameters. Let’s take a quick look at the list of these factors in order to draw a comparison between XML and HTML:
|Type Of Language||This is a predefined markup language that is case sensitive.||This is a framework for markup languages and it is case-sensitive too.|
|Purpose||It is applied for data presentation.||This is applied to facilitate data transfer|
|Object Support||Users get native object support.||Conventions are used to express objects using attributes and elements.|
|Namespaces||HTML is not compatible with namespaces. You can avoid naming collisions by applying a prefix in an object by nesting objects.||XML is compatible with namespaces, eliminating the risk of name collisions in combination with extra documents.|
|Ease of Learning||This technology stack is familiar to developers.||It is harder as one needs to learn DOM, XPath, XML Schema, etc.|
|Null Identification||It identifies the null value by default.||You must apply xsi:nil on XML instance document elements.|